Advanced Detection Technology For 21st Century Threats
ChemImage is a proven leader in providing Chemical Imaging based optical sensors that can rapidly and accurately detect and identify a wide variety of hazardous materials. Conventional means of detecting and identifying hazardous materials using reagent-based methods tools have significant limitations that are addressed by ChemImage optical sensors.
Working in collaboration with several U.S. Government agencies, ChemImage is developing and demonstrating hazardous material detection systems, all without the use of reagents. ChemImage sensors providing advanced capability for CBE detection in point, proximity, remote and standoff configurations have been demonstrated and are showing best in class performance.
Threat Applications Include:
ChemImage Threat Detection Technology:
- Provides ability to identify multiple threat agents simultaneously in a non-contact mode
- Adaptable to chemical, biological and explosive threats
- Delivers threat detection sensitivity without low false alarm rates by using sensor fusion concepts
- Based on photonics technology which can be configured to minimize size, weight and power consumption
- Developed and validated in close concert with US Government agencies
- Claims of performance are based on objective measures, including government managed validation studies and/or consensus standards
- Exploits a comprehensive signature library for discrimination of hoaxes and threats